- The route to our destination is never a straight one.
- Real friends won’t ask you to change who you are.
- Cheating is a choice, not a mistake, and not an excuse.
- The past can’t hurt you anymore – not unless you let it.
- Adversity will come to every person at some point.
- Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.
- Everything has been just the way it needed to be.
- Silence is often the loudest cry.
- The difference between where you are and where you want to be, is what you do.
- It’s not who you are that holds you back, it is who you think you’re not.
- Right now is the only moment guaranteed to you.
Sorry if the women that read this site don’t get this topic.
Men – have you ever noticed the puddle of liquid that is often under a urinal in a public restroom? What is it? Is excess spray or missed streams from lazy and careless men that have come before you?
Is it natural condensation from all the cold water that has cooled the urinal and then dripped on the floor? This would mean it is not urine but just pure water that condensed from the humidity in the air.
The next time that you take a leak and you see that small puddle of moisture that you are afraid to put your feet in, ask yourself – how did it get there?
Ryan O’Shaughnessey is a senior at William Mason High School and is pursuing several opportunities to play college basketball.
We have a small ornamental pond in our backyard. A couple of frogs have been making it their home since my daughter brought home tadpoles years ago when she was in 2nd grade (she is driving now – how time flies). Our patio beside this pond is almost always mosquito free and I credit our frogs for this (along with the 4 dozen fish in the pond that voraciously eat mosquito larvae).
Evidently, they were feeling a bit frisky lately since we now have 4 baby frogs sitting on the lillypads on a regular basis. Here is a picture one of them. He is much better looking than the Jabba the Hut toad that I read about on a friend’s blog!
It is probably difficult to tell but this little guy is well under 2 inches long as he sits there. The pad that he is on is 4-5 inches in diameter.