Time Warner cable may not be available in your neighborhood so you may not have a dog in this hunt. To catch you up, TWC offers a free iPad app that allows you to stream live video TV feed to your device. You would think that the networks would have no problem with this. Let’s list the reasons:
- You must be a Time Warner customer to use the service.
- You must be a RoadRunner customer to use the service (RoadRunner is the brand name for TWC’s cable modem service).
- You can only use this service at the specific IP address of your RoadRunner account. You cannot be at the Starbuck’s down the street. You cannot be at your neighbors house that also has TWC and RoadRunner but a different IP address. You cannot be traveling to a hotel in a far off city.
Scott McKain, an adviser to many on how to more effectively run a business, just did a great article on how NBC screwed up with this Leno at 10 problem.
What Scott doesn’t point out in his advice is that the change is not always necessary for the good of the company. In this case, Conan was getting his butt kicked by the more experienced (and more entertaining) Letterman.
Scott’s article is excellent. Jump over and read it. Here is some of his advice:
1) Don’t EVER make the assumption that ANY productive employee is ready to be put out to pasture. We work for many reasons, and only ONE of them is money. Zucker’s assumption that Leno was wealthy enough and would want to ride off in the sunset started the disastrous chain of events.
First, let me be clear, I think that Rep. Wilson of South Carolina should be censured for his outburst while President Barack Hussein Obama was speaking in a joint session of Congress. He reminds of irresponsible brats such as Kanye West. Public outbursts while the President is speaking are simply unacceptable in any format and definitely not allowed in a joint session of Congress.
I do think that it is interesting that the rude outburst occurred due to a statement from BHO regarding healthcare for illegal aliens. There is a reasonable argument that BHO, while perhaps not lying, was not telling the complete truth. Check out this interesting video below and then read the rest of my comments.
Bill Maher is a relatively famous television personality. Of course, he got this position by correctly realizing that he wasn’t a very good standup comedian and his real talent was getting famous people on TV and then making fun of them or using them as foils to make a political point. He has bounced around a couple of different venues and has currently landed at HBO. His show is called “Real Time with Bill Maher”. He has used this notoriety and fame to also publish some of his remarks and is a frequent contributor to Huffington Post. His latest article is the subject of this post.
Originally, I only wanted to reply to Bill Maher in his comments section. However, Huffington Post limits comments to a small number of words so I am forced to make further comments here. You can read my original thoughts at this link as there are currently over 2500 comments on this article and it would be difficult to find mine. You may also want to read Bill’s original article before you read my comments.
- How Do Climate Models Work?
- CO2 and Temperature Link Not Well Understood by Climate Models
- Reports of the death of climate skepticism are greatly exaggerated
- Leave it to the Experts
- Yahoo Messenger for iPhone gets push-y
- How to Make Money (Passively) With Your Blog
July 13, 2009
July 23, 2009
July 24, 2009
July 23, 2009
July 24, 2009
July 26, 2009