- Thoughts on Memorial Day weekend…the thrill of the race…the fun of the barbeque…the REAL meaning of the day. http://hub.tm/?VHjaL #
- “We cheat the other guy and pass the savings to you.” This encapsulates the Obama profile! #
- RT @tibco: TIBCO Positioned in Leaders Quadrant for BPM Suites Magic Quadrant: http://bit.ly/ORyng #gartner #
- I continue to be amazed that people don’t understand that school taxes come from homes in Ohio. People need to get a clue. #
- Check out: http://bit.ly/rPN57 I think the comments on Michelle’s shoes, Cheerios, and soft drinks is off but it is spot on. #
- RT @tibco: TIBCO is recognized as an industry leader by appearing on the 2009 VAR500 list published in the latest issue of CRN magazine! #
- Yes, there is money in Columbus. Deal just closed. WOOHOO!! #
- Star Trek movie. A great way to re-invigorate the property and with an alternate reality from the series so they can break with tradition. #
- RT @twinmamacita: What is up with baseball coaches wearing uniforms anyway? My comment: basketball / football don’t look like a player! #
- Beautiful day to drive to Columbus. Now let’s hope someone has money up here! #
- Robert Morris women’s basketball coach David Heeb resigns http://cli.gs/THNTjy #ncaaw (via @hoopfeed) in reply to hoopfeed #
- There’s three sides to every story: Yours and mine and the cold, hard truth – Don Henley (Eagles) #
- Why does this not surprise me We want to surf while we drive. Smartphones Selling Far Better Than Dumb Ones http://bit.ly/svtGE #
- Watching Reds beat the Phillies. I am amazed it is so empty! C’mon Cincinnati leave Chikfila and go to stadium! http://yfrog.com/15qhij #
I don’t love the social networking sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and MySpace. I do understand the importance of their presence though. It is moderately important to VERY important (depending on your web presence and its importance to your income) for you to do the land grab and get your name, nickname, or company name out there. Don’t let a cybersquatter get in your way!
If you want to follow me on Twitter, please do so: @soshaughnessey
The Wall Street Journal has an excellent article on the subject. I don’t like to reproduce whole articles here (due to copyright issues) so here are the highlights.
Nowhere is this fact more evident than in the doling out of domain names. On the Web, domain names are available for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis. If someone else buys your name first, you can try to buy it from them. If you’ve trademarked a name, you can fight for the name in the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers’ domain-name court system. This makes sense: money and the law are acceptable remedies in our capitalist democracy.
Michael Vick was released from prison today to continue his sentence in house arrest. I know that there is a lot of desire to say that he has paid his price for his mistake and therefore should be allowed to play in the NFL.
I sympathize that a man or woman should be able to move on after they have paid for their mistakes. However, sports should be held to a different level of integrity. We should not allow Michael Vick to play professional sports until Pete Rose is allowed to play baseball again.
As I discussed several times, we need to hold athletes to a standard that at least is equivalent to everyday life and they probably should be held higher due to their incomes. Check out the following articles:
I don’t condone torture for ordinary criminals but I have few problems with torture for those that are involved with terror. So the current issue with Pelosi and having knowledge of waterboarding is a bit hollow. To me, she would do better to say that she had full knowledge of the activities of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and their gallant efforts to protect us.
However, she obviously would rather deny knowledge and condemn the CIA as sadists AND liars! That is her choice but now it appears that she did have knowledge and therefore endorsed the activity implicitly or explicitly.
Which begs the question: What did she know and when did she know it? This also renders another point: When has a politician ever survived that question? We all know that Nixon did not survive it so it is doubtful the Speaker will survive unscathed.
- As I read the news today: “I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.” – De Gaulle #
- AAU tournament in Bloomington IN. A lot of talented basketball players! #
- What do you get when you have 15 courts going with top high school basketball talent? College coaches and sweat. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.