- The reason there is so little crime in Germany is that it’s against the law.
– Alex Levin #
- RT @TheFlaCracker: If you can read this, thank a teacher. It’s in English thank a soldier. If you are on walfare, thank ME! #
- Reality is something you rise above.
– Liza Minnelli #
- Shaq is going to Cleveland!! Lebron and the big man could make a powerful combination. #
- Great article in WSJ about Iran and Web 2.0 and how Obama didn’t get it even though he “got it” to be elected. http://bit.ly/2m8LZp #
- Great idea! RT @KristineWirth: Wordtracker’s free keyword tool plugin for firefox – video – http://bit.ly/ty0zH #
- If it weren’t for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we’d still be eating frozen radio dinners. – Johnny Carson #
- Check out this amazing basketball shot! Beat that Lebron and Dwight Howard! http://bit.ly/3Zte5P #
- When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: ‘Whose?’ – Don Marquis #
- RT @4windpower: Wind Power Works!: In connection with the Global Wind Day on 15 June, http://digg.com/u15kRH #
- RT @all_about_warm: Sir Paul McCartney calls for meat-free Mondays to combat climate change http://tinyurl.com/ntrprf #
- RT @im2byteme: LIBERAL ARGUMENT: There is no room for logic or historical fact in this discussion, my opinion is all that matters! #tcot #
- RT @TIBCO: Want to know your current cloud infrastructure and hosting options? This article may be for you: http://is.gd/Oi8W #
- RT @MeilinSong: Global warming causing mass migration http://tinyurl.com/lp9kqd #
- RT @WorkWithTrump: POWER POLITICS: EPA refuses to reveal dangerous coal ash waste sites http://bit.ly/KpbQv #
- Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. – Walter Lippmann #
Why is it that every President in the modern age of media has been able to convince the media to not talk about their children but it is okay for the media to talk about the children of a Vice President contender, Sarah Palin? David seems to be confused with the 14-year old daughter and th 18-year old daughter.
- The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. – James Branch Cabell #
- RT @KarlRove: Great piece by @danaperino, correcting Austan Goolsbee’s claims on Fox News Sunday. http://tinyurl.com/r7abod #TCOT #
- One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
– Rita Mae Brown #
- In a QBR being bored. Looks beautiful outside. I should be playing golf. #
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. – Plato #
- Why is airport food in O’hare in Chicago so bad AND so expensive? We really need high speed rail in the Midwest! #
- RT @tweedandvelvet: The last button on your dress shirt is stitched horizontally. http://tinyurl.com/n29x9n This is why. #
- RT @frozenhiker: Change is inevitable so if you can’t embrace it, you can’t be happy. #
If NBC were smart, it would immediately pay off Conan and reinstall Jay at 11:35. But it won’t, it’d rather lose the franchise and blame it on something other than its ineptitude. Just like the record business!
Conan’s market share has dropped 56% since he took over on the first of June.
Looks like it is time to start looking for a replacement to the very boring Conan.
It seems that there is one thing that President Barach Hussein Obama and I disagree on (only ONE thing you ask). I think that Conan O’Brien is not up to the task of the Tonight Show. BHO thinks that he is.
I am so glad that the leader of the free world is worrying about poor Conan in this time of economic unrest and while North Korea is playing nuclear games with us.
I picked up this video from the very funny blog, CrZay.
I am not a big fan of federal government spending. There are few times when I think that the government can do a more effective job of spending than my local municipalities where they are far more accessible to my influence. However, the current economy definitely needs a kick-in-the-butt and so I supported the stimulus bill (now called “Economic Stimulus Package Act of 2008“) if it really is going to be used for getting things done on a local level.
I wrote about this back in February in my article “38 ways to fill the stimulus bill with pork and save our economy“. I still question that the stimulus is being adequately implemented but an article in the Sunday edition of the Cincinnati Enquirer gives me some hope. This is exactly what we should do as a stimulus – create hundreds of small projects that will get people in the local communities working. I only hope that most of the jobs the article cites were contractors as opposed to government workers. As contractors, this will insure that these entrepreneurs stay in business and can augment this public money with some private sector jobs and keep these workers on their payroll.
- Watched “Angels & Demons” last night. The book was better overall but the ending was more realistic in the movie than in the book. Go see it #
- Is TIBCO venturing into the clouds? Listen to Vogels, CTO of Amazon and Ranadivé, CEO of TIBCO on June 3rd: http://bit.ly/bA6Jf (via @tibco) in reply to tibco #
- RT @danieljohnsonjr: Today’s Zit’s is about Twitter: http://bit.ly/ulB6U (via @dansewell) in reply to dansewell #
- Only One More Day Left to Register for NOW Online on June 3rd! http://bit.ly/bA6Jf (via @tibco) in reply to tibco #
- Conan O’Brien = Not Funny. Watched his Tonight debut. He was trying too hard. Max Weinberg remains very cool, however. (via @EnquirerDoc) in reply to EnquirerDoc #
- TIBCO Announces Launch of First Application Delivery Platform for Enterprise Cloud Computing (http://bit.ly/XLFpM) #TibcoSilver (via @TIBCO) in reply to TIBCO #
After being on an iPhone for a year, I don’t think I could ever go back to a Windows Mobile phone. I used the Windows Mobile platform for probably 11 years (including the original Windows CE non-phone devices) and it always seemed like the NEXT generation would solve all my problems. The next generation never did come and by the time I gave up, I was in the habit of restarting the phone every morning.
I recently tried to install the desktop search tool from Microsoft. After several tries and lots of reading online, I couldn’t get the add-on installed that would allow this tool to search my Outlook 2003 files (let alone my Thunderbird personal email). I gave up and installed Google desktop and was completely indexed on everything in one overnight session.