- Star Trek movie. A great way to re-invigorate the property and with an alternate reality from the series so they can break with tradition. #
- RT @twinmamacita: What is up with baseball coaches wearing uniforms anyway? My comment: basketball / football don’t look like a player! #
- Beautiful day to drive to Columbus. Now let’s hope someone has money up here! #
- Robert Morris women’s basketball coach David Heeb resigns http://cli.gs/THNTjy #ncaaw (via @hoopfeed) in reply to hoopfeed #
- There’s three sides to every story: Yours and mine and the cold, hard truth – Don Henley (Eagles) #
- Why does this not surprise me We want to surf while we drive. Smartphones Selling Far Better Than Dumb Ones http://bit.ly/svtGE #
- Watching Reds beat the Phillies. I am amazed it is so empty! C’mon Cincinnati leave Chikfila and go to stadium! http://yfrog.com/15qhij #
I don’t condone torture for ordinary criminals but I have few problems with torture for those that are involved with terror. So the current issue with Pelosi and having knowledge of waterboarding is a bit hollow. To me, she would do better to say that she had full knowledge of the activities of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and their gallant efforts to protect us.
However, she obviously would rather deny knowledge and condemn the CIA as sadists AND liars! That is her choice but now it appears that she did have knowledge and therefore endorsed the activity implicitly or explicitly.
Which begs the question: What did she know and when did she know it? This also renders another point: When has a politician ever survived that question? We all know that Nixon did not survive it so it is doubtful the Speaker will survive unscathed.
There has been quite a bit of complaining that the current stimulus bill that was just passed by the House and is going to Senate is filled with pork and special spending projects. This is a silly complaint – of course it is!
The bill is a spending bill. It should be loaded to the gills with pork. That is what spending bills do – they spend money. In fact, it should have so much pork in it that a reasonably religious person of Jewish descent should run for the hills!
Of course, it shouldn’t have silly things in it like contraceptives. That does nothing for the economy despite the silliness of Ms. Pelosi. But it should be filled with pet projects from every mayor and county commissioner in the land. If the mayor of a 20-30,000 citizen city CAN’T get a million or two out of this bill – they should be run out of town! In case there are any mayors or governors out there that can’t figure out what to ask for that they can spend money on RIGHT NOW then I made a list of projects that they should consider.
There seems to be a general trend lately that Barack Hussein Obama (BHO) is not really running things in the current administration. Let’s point out a few examples:
- Former Senate Majority Tim Daschle, according to the NY Times, appeared to know that he owed backtaxes back in June but didn’t bother to tell the vetting team for his nomination to Secretary. Why would he do that? Simple, he didn’t feel the need to tell them because he already had it pre-wired that he would get confirmed even with that blemish on his record.
- Earlier, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, was nominated to his job even though he owed taxes (remember this is the guy that is running the IRS). He sailed through confirmations.
- And, of course, even though BHO went to the Republicans to get their help on the stimulus package and the Republicans came up with some ideas and issues, Madame Pelosi rammed the bill through the House without the aid or consideration of BHO or the other party.